Saturday, November 10, 2012

Interview with Lauren Levine

Today I sat down with the very talented Lauren Levine, a sophomore at UNCG, to talk about her singing ability, aspirations of a music career, and how youtube has helped her in her quest for fame. 

Christopher Cunningham: How long have you been singing?
Lauren Levine: I actually began singing when I was three years old. When I was little my mom couldn't stop me from singing all the time! I think I sang more than I talked when I was a kid.

CC: What are your favorite things to sing?
LL: I really enjoy singing jazzy songs like Michael Buble's "feeling good." Songs like that fit my voice best and I think they are catchy and fun to sing. 

CC: Do you play any instruments while you sing?
LL: I usually play guitar but I also sometimes play the piano when I sing. It depends on the song usually.

CC: Do you perform live often?
LL: I usually perform at UNCG during Starbucks' open mic night and also I perform with the UNCG Chariots.

CC: Tell me about that
LL: The UNCG Chariots are the only co-ed a cappella singing group on campus, we perform a lot of different gigs around the greensboro area and we have a concert coming up at the end of the week.

CC: That's awesome! Do you prefer singing alone or in a group?
LL: I love both! Singing with a group is a lot of fun and adds a lot of energy to songs, but sometimes its fun to just jam out with my guitar or piano.

CC: How long have you had your youtube page?
LL: About a year and a half ago I joined youtube and began to post videos of me covering my favorite songs.

CC: Do you normally get positive reactions from other youtube users?
LL: Yeah, I actually get a few comments on every video which is pretty cool. Most of the comments are really supportive. I actually had someone comment recently telling me I needed to release an album soon, so that makes me think I'm doing something right!

CC: Do you think youtube has helped you reach out to people that otherwise wouldn't know who you are?
LL: Definitely, because the comments I've received are from locations across the country, and I've always lived in North Carolina, so the internet has helped me reach out to other places. 

CC: Is singing professionally a dream of yours?
LL: It's definitely something I would love to do with my life. I am not majoring in music or anything, but if I ever had the opportunity to sing professionally I would take it!

CC: Do you think making a youtube channel and posting videos can lead to fame?
LL: Of course! I know a lot of celebrities and famous video bloggers who have become famous. Look at Justin Beiber, he was discovered on youtube! Who knows who could be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment